Sunday, August 2, 2009

Halt! No more lenses for a while

So I got the last of the lenses that I wanted from Mawz. It's the Olympus Digital Zuiko 25mm f2.8 pancake. For some strange and unexplainable reason, Adam did not like it. He gave a not very favrourable mini review of it here. I am happy to say that I have the absolute opposite experience, although I have only used it one day, I am already loving it.

The Oly pancake is a little larger than the Contax Zeiss 45mm f2.8, and also heavier. See pictures below for comparision.

The Oly 25mm f2.8 pancake is easily one of the sharpest auto focus lenses I have for the 4/3 and micro 4/3 mount. It's extremely sharp wide open. Not sure why the lens works differently on Adam's G1 than mine. I really can not complain about its optical performance. In fact, all the Olympus lenses, whether OM or Digital, are all superb. Perhaps, I wasn't expecting the pancake to be so good, after reading Adam's review, and therefore I am blown away by it. The bokeh is also fabulous.

I am looking forward to using it more often.

Oly 25mm f2.8 Pancake compared to the Contax Zeiss Tessar 45/2.8

Oly 25mm f2.8 Pancake compared to the Contax Zeiss Tessar 45/2.8

My Love -- Olympus 25mm f2.8 pancake @ f2.8

Canadian Flag -- G1 & Oly 25mm f2.8 pancake 

Tiger Lily - G1 & Oly 25mm f2.8 pancake @ f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment