Monday, August 17, 2009

New Love for an Old Favourite

I first got my hands on a Leica R Elmarit 28mm f2.8 back in mid 2005. Used it sparingly on my 10D, but sparks didn't seem to fly. The R28/2.8 was sold to fund other lenses of interest. In the back of my mind, some how, I had not forgotten about it.

Well, it's back. This one is a three CAM version, versus the 2 CAM version I had four years ago. First pictures I took on my 5D, my heart was captured. This lens is as good as the Elmarit 90mm f2.8 that I adore (more than the 2 CAM Summicron 90/2). Even on full frame, the far edges are very good. The micro contrast and colour are excellent. It's actually pretty wide on full frame, wider than I remembered. I can see that this could become my favourite lens for a while.


Toronto Loading Dock -- 5D & Leica Elmarit-R 28mm f2.8. Larger Picture.


Tour Bus -- 5D & Leica Elmarit-R 28mm f2.8. Larger Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment