Saturday, November 14, 2009

Voigtlander Skopar 8.3cm f4.5 Update 2

Discovered that the haze in the middle of the image is mostly caused by stray light entering the lens from the front. Today I shielded the lens with my palm and there are huge improvements. It's understandable that this should happen, as the lens itself is uncoated and is very prone to flare and side lights. So, as inconvenient as it is, I will have to bring a hat, a shade, or mini-reflector with me to shield off the side lights.

I see great potential in this lens. It could make some very fine images. It's also just great fun to make picture with lenses this old. I am sure I will be using it more often.


William -- 5D & Voigtlander Skopar 83mm f4.5 @ f4.5. Larger Picture.


Autumn Leaves & Tai Chi. This pictures was developed using the Landscape profile in CS4, hence the very saturated colours. You can still see the haze in the center of the picture, just much reduced -- 5D & Voigtlander Skopar 83mm f4.5. Larger Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment