Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pictures of Ottawa

I am on training in Ottawa for a week. Trying to seize this opportunity to take pictures, I lagged a full bag of lenses and my 5D, plus the tripod. Mr. Murphy is a genius. Anything that could go wrong, will go wrong. That's what happened to my 5D on the first day -- the auto focus system failed to work, after about 10 pictures. For the rest of yesterday, I shot with my auto focus lenses, and focused them manually. Ironic, no? I have used manual focus lenses most of the time, and when I want to auto focus, it doesn't work.

It turns out, I think, that this was due to the mirror of the 5D. The 5D has a infamous flaw in that the mirror may fall off, all by itself. Mine hasn't done that yet, but I suspect that it will soon. In any case, I pushed the mirror in, and the auto focus has been working all day today. My fingers are crossed for the rest of the week that it will continue to work.

Went to photograph the Parliament buildings with my friend Cliff. Light snow was falling, making it difficult to photograph distance scenes. Everything looked foggy.

Below are few of the pictures taken today.


Indian Chief -- 5D & EF 50mm f1.2L. Larger Picture.


The Parliament Buildings -- 5D & Sigma EX 15-30mm f3.5-4.5. Larger Picture.



Sculptures -- 5D & Sigma EX 15-30mm f3.5-4.5. Larger Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment