Friday, February 12, 2010

Cars in Window


Cars in Window at BMW dealership -- Panasonic G1 & 45-200mm f4-5.6. ISO 800, 1/80s. Larger Picture.

Have had the Panasonic Vario 45-200mm f4-5.6 for a few months. Used it maybe five times, by optimistic guess. Not a bad lens at all, it's just that I am not a fan of zooms, especially slow zooms like this one. The reason I bought it is for the occasion when I want to go out with only the kit lens and this lens. That never really happened, and the lens has been sitting on the shelf for months. Maybe in the spring, I will try to use it more often.

One thing I do want to mention, is that the Panasonic G1 really sucks at ISO 800. Sorry to those who thinks ISO 1600 is usable on the G1. To me, it's not. Even shot RAW with some noise reduction, the noise is just too objectionable.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I find the noise objectionable, or even noticable here. But then again, I've little issue with the noise on the G1 until ISO 1250 is exceeded.

    ReplyDelete