Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Three Is a Crowd


One is lonely -- Canon 550D & Vivitar 55mm f2.8. Enlarge.


Three's a crowd -- Canon Digital Rebel 550D & Vivitar 55mm f2.8 Macro AI Mount.

Funny that the last little while all I was using was Vivitar lenses. I don't use Vivitar lenses much but when I was organizing some of my stuff for the annual photography yard sale, I was very surprised how many Vivitar lenses I have. This is the 4th Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macro lenses I have, so you can see that it's a very common lens. It's a very good lens and can do 1:1 macro, but nothing compares to the Zeiss S-Planar 60mm f2.8 Makro.

2 comments:

  1. you know, cropped in tighter and I'd call the middle section of that shot a winner. For some reason I also seem to like the horizontal composition more (YMMV)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks obakesan. I think 3 is not a good compo as well and makes the viewer wander around the picture. I have cropped the middle part from a similar shot and added to the post as comparison. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete