Sunday, November 14, 2010

Empty Bench

Empty Bench -- 1D IIn & EF 100mm f2.8L Macro

The 100mm f1.28 IS Macro hasn't gotten much use after I acquired it months ago.  But each time I do use it, I am more impressed with it.  There is nothing to fault this lens optically, from wide open on, it's just amazingly sharp.  The hybrid IS works as advertised.  Consequently, I get more keepers from this lens than most others.  I find it very versatile lens, not just for macros but as a general purpose lens.  Still haven't compared this one with the 100mm f2 USM, but I think the 100mm f2 may have to go, despite the many times that I said I would never sell it.  Just finding the time/initiative to do the comparison has been a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. ahh ...but the question is, who had the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the coffee was full. The owner left the coffee on the bench and walked the dog, but came back to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete