Wednesday, May 25, 2011

20D Infrared Sample

Relaxing under the tree -- Canon 20D IR Modified & Pentax-K 28mm f3.5.

Dusted off the IR Modified Canon 20D today.  It hadn't see much action for many months.  The recent nice sunny days are perfect for IR pictures.  The Pentax-M 20mm f4 lens continues to be my favourite lens for IR on the 20D, and now the Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 is also winning my heart.  Both are fantastic lenses, although the 20mm f4 has pretty severe distortions if not used carefully.  They are insanely sharp lenses and the built quality is excellent.  My PK-EOS adapter is slightly thinner than specification,  which turns out to be even better, as it allows focus slightly past infinity.  The focus point is actually slightly ahead in IR spectrum than in visible light.

2 comments:

  1. thought long and hard about an IR modded 20D or G1, when my freezer of HIE runs out I'm expecting I'll have to go that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @obakesan: it's a lot easier to process the IR pictures in digital, for sure, but the cost of conversion is high.

    ReplyDelete