Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Showers

Fallen Flowers -- NEX-5 & Taylor-Hobson 75mm f2 @ f2.8. Click to see larger.

We are having a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks.  I don't really mind too much about rain even though I am usually soaking wet by the time I get to work, or get home on my bike.  Taking pictures in raining weathers is actually much better than sunny.  The rain in spring makes everything seem so moody, and sad, and yet so alive.

As I use the 17-31mm focusing helicoid that I purchased, I am cursing it more and more.  The built quality is really bad.  It now has a very annoying play at the mount. This actually makes focusing difficult and psychologically draining.  Each time the focusing ring wobbles a bit, it takes away the joy of using the lens.  It's time to look for a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment