Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Love

My Love -- 1D Mark III & EF 85mm f1.2L @ f1.2, ISO 1600

The person in the picture above is my wife, Jessica.  We have been married for just over 16 years, and we dated for 11 years prior to that.  I know for fact that we will be together till the very end; we are made for each other.  You see, we never dated anyone else before we knew each other.  My life has changed in so many ways, to the better, because of her.  I am amazed of her tolerance of my many faults, one of which is the addiction to photographic gear.  She is way smarter than she gives herself credits for, and she never wavers in the principles that she believes in.  She is a person I can trust and believe in; a person who will be there when I need her the most; a person who will never abandon me when I have nothing left; a person who I can't wait to come home to, regardless how far away I am.  I love this woman!

3 comments:

  1. I just spent the better part of two hours reading your site. I was planning on sending you an email praising the great content...

    Then, I go back to your homepage and just love the bokeh on this great candid image.

    And finally... I read all you have to say about your wonderful wife, and once again you bring a smile to my face.

    As a fellow fortunate husband and owner of an EVIL camera... I'll be back.

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Frederico

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your wife! Us camera guys are very fortunate to have supportive wives in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Frederico: thanks for your kind words!

    @lucindale: Thanks! A smart spouse is one who supports the other's "good" hobbies, with limits. Mortgaging your house to buy a digital back for leisure use is not smart :)

    ReplyDelete