Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cursed by the Dark Side

Seesaw on the double -- NEX-5N & Nikkor 105mm f2.5

Today, the last two of my Nikon lenses are gone.  Over the years I have used quite a few Nikon manual focus lenses, from the 35mm f1.4 to the 300mm f2.8, but I never seem to warm up to them.  Consequently, they didn't stay with me for long.  The F-mount 50mm f1.4 and the 105mm f2.5 have been two of my more favourable Nikon lenses, which I have kept until today.  I traded the pair with Adam, for the LTM Jupiter-9 85mm f2 and the Tamron Adaptall II 135mm f2.5.  

I want to expand my M-Mount or LTM lenses, because they look more natural on the NEX-5N than most other adapted lenses, where the adapter is very thick.  So far, I only have a Voigtlander 40mm f1.4, Leitz Hektor 135mm f4.5, and now the Jupiter-9.  As for the Tamron 135mm f2.5, I had this lens before which I used on my Pentax *ist and I liked it, though not as good as the Takumar SMC 135mm f2.5, but is smaller and lighter.  Besides, I don't even know how many lenses I have in the 40-58mm range, but I don't have too many 135mm lenses.

I don't even have the LTM to NEX or LTM to M-mount adapter yet, so I can't really even test the lens.  It looks good though.  Very nice build in silver finish.  We will see how it pans out.

2 comments:

  1. Slowly but surely you're falling for Leica!! Your wife should run with your wallet now!!

    ReplyDelete