Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fancy Belt #2 with Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 5cm f3.5

Fancy Belt #2 - NEX-5N & Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 5cm f3.5 Exaktar. Click for larger picture.

The Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 5cm f3.5 lens used in this shot reminds me how much I have missed the old Henry's Outlet Store.  My friend Paul knew I like using old and odd stuff so he would sometimes save some of these kind of lenses for me.  They usually cost $5 to $10, which was very reasonable.

This lens is about half the size of the Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f2.8 (M42 version).  Very tiny with the same red T coating, the predecessor to the famous T* coating.  Last time I said in this blog entry that the the 50mm f2.8 was the first Tessar lens I had that had the circular aperture, and it was wrong.  This Tessar 5cm f3.5 also has circular aperture and I have had it for many years. Both Tessars are wonderful lenses and a joy to use.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice colorful pictures. Thanks.
    I missed the Old Henry's outlet store in downtown Church Street(2nd Floor)as well.

    Chi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chi Lee. I am sure we have met sometime in the past in the Outlet Store, since I was there practically everyday after work.

    ReplyDelete