Friday, May 11, 2012

Vivitar 28mm f2.5 [MD] Sample Images

There are quite a few variations of the Vivitar 28mm f2.5, and from different OEMs for most mounts.  The common one is the Kiron version (serial starts with 22) with a 62mm filter size.  The one I have is all metal and quite large for a 28mm lens.  It's half a stop faster than the f2.8 version.  The lens is very well made and focuses very smoothly.

Art -- NEX-5N & Vivitar 28mm f2.5 [MD].  Click for larger.

The lens is a bit soft at f2.5, but sharpens up nicely after f4.  I find it very enjoyable to use, as the focusing ring is very large and easy to turn.  Definitely a consideration if you are looking for a mini-wide angle lens that doesn't cost you a lot of money.

Clocks at Distillery District -- NEX-5N & Vivitar 28mm f2.5 [MD]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me to use this lens. You have some great images with this lens! I have always thought this lens to be a dog in my 100+ manual lens collection. Why? Because it is soft and lacks resolution when wide open. I thought the lens to be mediocre compared to razor sharp 28mm like Hexanon or Soligor C/D. But I always liked the color of this lens. Now I am realizing this lens should be used stopped down! With its vibrant colors, this lens could be very useful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete