Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Leica Summicron-R 90mm f2 - Couple of Samples

Very few consumer lenses on the market that rivals the combined build quality, handling, material used, optical performance of Leica lenses. If you own Leica lenses, you know what I am talking about. I am fortunate that I started out early and bought a few of them when the prices were still reasonable. Recent prices of new and used Leica lenses have been crazy. I regretted selling my Elmarit 90mm f2.8 E55, one of the sharpest and most contrasty lenses I had ever owned.

Next to the Canon 85mm f1.2L, the Leica-R 90mm f2 Summicron is one of my favourites. The smooth operation of the lens has no equal, and I find the bokeh to be exquisite. Truly one of the best investments I have made, not in terms of return on investment, but return in joy. The best thing is, with proper care, many more decades of joy from this beautiful lens.


Bumped - Canon 5D Mark II & Leica Summicron-R 90mm f2 @ f2

Maximum 40 - Canon 5D Mark II & Leica Summicron-R 90mm f2 @ f2

2 comments:

  1. There's something amazing about results from Leica lenses that is hard to put a finger on, but you sure do notice it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Signature of lenses sometimes are hard to pin point, but you know it's there.

      Delete