Friday, July 5, 2013

Infrared Photo Set

I am happy to say that this year I have used the Infrared camera much more often than any other year. I have found that using it as a black & white camera can produce some pretty nice results. Of course, I still find false colours interesting. It's the best of both worlds because I can get either or both. Very different looks.

Can't get over how great the image quality is for a nine year old camera. At ISO 100-400, there is almost no noise, and the image is solid with exceptionally good definition, when matched to a good lens. On the other hand, I find the new generation of Canon APS-C sensors wanting, especially at lower ISO. I hope the new Canon 70D's sensor will be better, though I am not holding my breath. 40 MP (two photodiodes for each pixel, used for phase detect AF) for an APS-C sensor? That's crazy. But then again, technology matches on, and some time it will surprise you. Let's hope it will be good.

Truck at the dock - Canon 20D IR & Pentax-M 20mm f4 @ f8. Click for larger.

Metis and CN Tower - Canon 20D IR & Pentax-M 20mm f4 @ f8. Click for larger.

Ropes - Canon 20D IR & Pentax-M 20mm f4.

No comments:

Post a Comment