Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rainy Day and a Thought on the Sony A7

After some of the coldest days I have experienced in Toronto, with a -40c on Tuesday with wind chill, and today, we have got rain. Yup, around 7c above zero. In fact, today feels more like a spring day than a winter day. However abnormal, I welcome the warmth. However, I do worry that if the snow is not melted completely in the next couple days, we will have icy roads again when the water freezes up.

A side from the weather, the Sony A7 has been on my mind. No, I DO NOT NEED IT! But, I can't help it, regardless of how much I tried to talk some senses into myself. I think I will get one eventually, probably in the spring. Winter has never been very productive for me photographically. I think this Taylor-Hobson 75mm f2 would be very nice on the A7. It would cover the full frame sensor, though the edges aren't that great. But then again, I do not need sharp edges with a 75mm lens. Very few situations would necessitate sharp edges from portrait lenses with my shooting style.

Can't wait.

Park Bench - Sony NEX-6 & Taylor-Hobson Ortal 75mm f2 TV Lens. Click for larger.

6 comments:

  1. I'm gonna need a whole bunch of new adapters.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing is that prices of adapters have gone down dramatically in the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did not think about it, just ordered A7r when it was announced in October, got it in November - do not regret it at all. Like NEX-7 it is joy to use it. Best camera I ever used up to today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might also want to consider the EM1
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=85282.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EM1 is nice, but very close to the price of the A7. I rather have a full frame sensor and maybe a second hand EM5.

      Delete