Friday, May 30, 2014

Air Ministry 5 Inch f4 Shoots Distillery District

One of the nice things about working downtown Toronto is that there are lots of interesting places within a few minutes of biking. The Distillery District is one of the more interesting places, which I visit once in a while. I rode my bike there this afternoon during lunch time and had lots of fun shooting with one of my favourite lenses: Air Ministry 5 Inch f4 on the Sony A7. This lens was used on the 5D Mark II a couple of times, but it was such a hassle focusing through the optical viewfinder, and the Live-View wasn't as easy to use as mirrorless cameras so I gave up on the 5D II.

The lens works great on the Sony A7. I simply adore how it renders the pictures. Amazing for a lens that's more than half a century old and without coating on the glass. The pictures look smooth as silk and none of the harshness of most modern lenses. The bokeh is simply delicious and pleasing.

If you find one cheap, take it and you won't regret it.

All pictures below were shot using the Sony A7 and A.M 5 Inch f4:






No comments:

Post a Comment