Friday, June 13, 2014

Infrared Photo Set

Today was a beautiful day for Infrared pictures. I have been practicing taking close up pictures in Infrared. Due to focus shift, it's not as easy as one might think, if you don't have an infrared camera with live-view. This gets me thinking about getting a really cheap NEX or Micro 4/3 camera and convert it for infrared use. With live-view, I won't need to worry about getting the focus correctly. Unfortunately, the Infrared filter for the sensor is expensive, and even more so for the labour of conversion. The conversion could run into $500-$600. I guess I will just enjoy what I have, at least for the foreseeable future.

All pictures below taken with Infrared converted Canon 20D and Pentax-M 20mm f4.







1 comment:

  1. The second one is really nice! I converted a Panasonic G5 for $125. Unfortunately, it wont autofocus that well unless I have a green filter on. but I use M42 lens most of the time (for UV), so it is not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete