Monday, September 15, 2014

For the Love of Pancolar

I have been checking out some of the pictures taken by Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolars on Flickr, and that re-ignited my love for the pancolars. The last few days I was shooting with both the Pancolar 50mm f2 and the 80mm f1.8. For some reason, I like the rendering style of the Pancolar 50mm f2 better than the 80mm f1.8. The 50/2 has more distinctive rendering and is very sharp when stopped down just a bit. I wanted to get the 50mm f1.8 Pancolar for the last few years but that proved to be an illusive lens. There are couple of camera shows coming up so hopefully I will find one there, if not too expensive :)

Dreamy Yellow - Sony A7 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f2. Click for larger.

Empire Sandy - Sony A7 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f2. Click for larger.

Bokeh - Sony A7 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. Click for larger.

Monarch Butterfly - Sony A7 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. Click for larger.

Faded Beauty - Sony A7 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm f2.

2 comments:

  1. I had a Jena lens in something like 24 or 28mm on my Pentax MX outfit ( which I continued to use well into owning EOS) and really liked it. Pitty it was all stolen ... I am sure that most people who used film never got to see the richness found in these images above. The A7 is working very well indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the A7. I think it's one of the best cameras I have used. It's really a joy to shoot with. I take it with me to work very day, just like I did with the NEX-5/NEX-5N/NEX-6. The image quality is excellent.

      Delete